Back to Ilardi Home
- Download the Source: pash.tar
- Browse the Source: src/
- Blog: Check Robert's EnterpriseProgrammer.com blog Article on PASH - A Simple Unix SHell
- What's New? - [4/15/2008] Released bug fix to command line parser that was causing a core dump if you simply press enter from the PASH prompt... Download latest version!
- Build Process - Simply download and untar pash.tar then run the build.sh shell script. It will build the executable "pash"
- What does PASH Stand for? - It's named after my wife: Paula Anglo SHell. Yes, I know, very romantic... ;)
- When was PASH Built and Released? - Work on PASH started in October of 2004 and was completed and released in Mid/Late November 2004. The source code was released on RogueLogic.com that same month.
- Does PASH support pipes? - YES! Multiple pipes are supported.
- Purpose? Just to learn how a unix shell works. I wanted to handle multiple pipes correctly, redirects, etc. It's not a complete shell, but it works ok for the purpose of learning and experimenting with low level unix system calls.
Notice in the screen capture, you will see a couple of common commands being executed as well as a PS command being piped into a grep command.